|The Last Chance Corral is pleased to offer a humane alternative for horses that can no longer be used for their intend purpose. We are gladly accepting any horse pending availability of space in order to place them in loving homes and save them from slaughter. Those that are still suitable as athletes will be adopted into homes where they might be used for hunter/jumper, dressage, barrel racing, endurance, 4-H, pleasure driving, police work, and casual trail riding. A simple layup does not necessarily mean that we will be unable to help. Retirement/companions (horses that will remain unsound even after medical intervention and lay up) are generally not accepted, as we are not a retirement facility. You can, however, post your horse's info on our classifieds page, and we will do whatever we can to help you find them a home.
Why is donation a good option for my horse?
- Your horse who gave so much to you will live a long life with another family that loves him/her dearly!
- Horsemeat for human consumption is Canada's number one airfreight export commodity. In many parts of the world, today's horses are tomorrow's steak!!!
- Past rescues have gone to work as trail companions, hunters, western pleasure horses, barrel racers, mounts in handicap programs, performers with the Ohio Cavalry in Civil War battle reenactments, and have even fulfilled Make-A-Wish dreams!
- Just because they aren't of any use to you, doesn't mean that they aren't perfect for someone else!
What's in it for me?
- Potential tax benefit - a great tax write-off opportunity!
- Knowledge that you have done the right thing in giving your horse the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a second career and a full life.
How do I donate my horse?
- Email a full description along with photos and all of your contact information to: email@example.com Call 740-594-4336 to talk to Victoria at the Last Chance Corral to get the details.
- Talk to your tax accountant about how your donation can best benefit you.
- If your horse is a Thoroughbred we strongly recommend that you send your horse's papers to the Jockey Club so that it can never be returned to the racetrack- we do need the horse's tattoo and/or its JC number, though!
- Call the farm to set up a time and day to bring your horse!
- Pick up may be available.